Communication between Home and Academy
Please use the following table in order to decide how best to communicate. We have also shared a guide to using Class Dojo and Purple Mash below.
- To inform the academy about attendance
- To report your child’s absence
- A query/concern/positive comment about the academy
- To request a telephone appointment with your class teacher / key stage leader
- The office will call you if your child is unwell whilst in our academy
- Key, more permanent information such as policies, terms dates, timings, procedures
- To notify the academy of a different person collecting your child. That person must also have the password
- Early Bird and Night Owl queries
- Log in queries for Purple Mash, Parent Pay, Class Dojo
- We ask that you arrange to speak with your class teacher in the first instance. You can then raise any concerns or queries to your key stage leader. Mrs Elliott is leader of Year 2 and Year 1; Mrs Hayre is leader of Reception and Nursery. You can then raise concerns further to Mrs Curtis as SENDCo/Behaviour Senior Leader, Mrs Baskcomb as Business Manager Senior Leader or Mrs Besenzi as Principal of the Academy.
Email or telephone the office
The academy website:
- To view your child’s weekly achievements
- To find all the latest news. This includes urgent whole academy messages
- To discuss any home learning – Purple Mash and the Home Learning book can also be used for this
- To share photos of learning between the Academy and home (and vice versa)
- To request an appointment with the class teacher on the telephone
- Survey links
We ask that all communication is made in a polite and kind way.
Your communication will be responded to within one working day during term time.
We ask that you do not write lengthy concerns via email or on Class Dojo – it’s always better to speak directly with a staff member to work through any queries.
Files to Download